[Serusers] Double autentication

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Thu Nov 25 21:09:51 CET 2004

Well, according to the specifications, it is possible to challenge one
SIP request several times (with different realm in digest credentials).
The 401 would be always forwarded to the user agent and the user agent
should be configured with several usernames and password (for different
realms).

The problem is that this is not supported in user agents (as far as I know
only Snom and Pingtel support it). I did ask several UA vendors if they
plan to implement it and the answer was always no. Given that, the best
you can do is avoid double authentication.

  Jan.