[Serusers] accounting

Daniel-Constantin Mierla Daniel-Constantin.Mierla at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Oct 11 16:03:40 CEST 2004

487 is usually returned for INVITE when the call was canceled (with a
CANCEL). Nevertheless, I would say to take INVITE/200OK and BYE/*
correlated by callid, fromtag, totag fields. Once there was 200OK for
INVITE, there must be a BYE, unless the UA crashed suddenly.

On 10/11/04 14:32, Ronald Ramos wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Am I correct on using these for my accounting,
>
>first, for the start of call, i used the username, sip_method="INVITE"
>sip_status="200" callid, fromtag, totag and time.
>
>for the end of call, i used sip_method="BYE" sip_status="200" callid, fromtag,
>totag and time.
>
>My problem is that sometimes the gateway is sending sip_status="487" maybe the
>call got disconnected. but we are already getting billed for that by the
>gateway provider, because to them we already used up some of their minutes.
>
>I tried a sample script that would make use of sip_status=200 or
>sip_status=487 to get my end call time. but i'm seeing calls that are 512+
>mins, maybe the sip_status=487 from the gateway returned very late, what could
>be the problem on that?

Even it is a very low probability, check if you don't get same
callid/totag/fromtag from different SIP UAs. There were some reports
that some UAs generated same callid.

You could also check From URI and To URI -- these fields should not be
touched during the dialog, unless some b2bua is in the middle.

Daniel