[Serusers] CANCEL handling

Bogdan-Andrei IANCU iancu at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri Oct 15 17:39:32 CEST 2004

Martin Koenig wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I just noticed that SER is not generating a 200 OK as reply for a CANCEL but
>rather a 200 cancelling.

yes...the rfc doesn't impose the reason phrase, just the code

>Then it is also generating a 487 Request cancelled what is supposed to be
>generated by the other end device reveiving the CANCEL.

SER does a hop-by-hop cancellation of the INVITE.

>How is this possible? Is this according to RFC3261?

yes, but this approach can generate race conditions (cancelling before
the INVITE get to target UAS); on the other hand solves the problem with
UASs that don't generate 487 for Cancels.

bogdan