[Serusers] Ser 8.1.14 and radius1.0.1 not talking

Decebal Topala dectopala at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 20:02:35 CEST 2004

HI there
Is any one there who is using ser with authentication to free radius server.
I have a very simple configuration but i do not see the ser talking to radius.
Here is the full description.

I have the latest ser from cvs (stable -r 8.1.14 ) and radius client v 0.4.4
the radius server is on same server (for testing purpose ) latest free
radius.Everything is running on a FedoraCore 2. (May be this is the
problem I will try the same scenario on FreeBSD just to see if i get
the same result )

radius is coming with a tool radtest or radiusclient .. I did add a
user id in the user file and when i run the test from radius test
program i do get reply back . When i try to get ser talking to radius
on the log is not showing anything.
Ser is giving some failure of authentication, but is not talking at all
to the server.
The logs and config files are attached.
If some one encountered the same problems please help me to get out of
this situation.
Thanks
PS
SER is running as a ser user
radius is runnig as rad user ..
I have edited the /etc/services files and if i comment out the radius
old por , automaticaly radisu client and server use new ports

Hope some one will help me
Thanks again
Decebal