[Serusers] Injecting SIP NOTIFY into ser FIFO

Java Rockx javarockx at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 03:44:53 CEST 2004

Fred,

I actually messed up my original post. I stated that I am placing my NOTIFY
messages directly in the ser FIFO. In reality I should have said I'm using
sipsak to send the message to ser just like any normal UA would.

In my asterisk file sip.conf I have the following:

[general]
register => vmserver:number4 at sip01.mycompany.com/vmserver

So asterisk is a registered UA with ser. Doing this I assumed I could simply
use sipsak from the asterisk server to send NOTIFY messages to the ser box.

I can infact do this, becuase when I do so the "TO:" SIP UA crashes. That tells
me that everything is working, but my message is not 100% correct.

I also have the user extension configured in ser and asterisk and all is
working because I can leave voice mail and listen to voice mail normally. It's
just the MWI that is giving me grief.

Paul