[Serusers] SER & Mediaproxy: XLite - Audio OK, Sipura - No audio

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Tue Apr 19 08:44:52 CEST 2005

Cameron,
Try turning *off* Sipura NAT mapping.  The onsip config files assume that
clients should not do NATing.  (However, if the clients do it properly, it
will work. Sipura has many various NAT options you can turn on and off)
    Note that if you configure clients to use NAT mapping, STUN, etc, your
experiences with audio may be completely related to how the clients handle
NAT, not mediaproxy.  If the client itself detects its own public IP (or you
configure it manually), mediaproxy will not detect NAT and will not proxy
the call. I believe xlite default is configured with STUN.

If you want Sipura to use STUN (and thus mediaproxy only handles symmetric
NATs):
Under admin - advanced - SIP in Sipura, you will find:
NAT Support Parameters
Handle VIA received:  yes
Handle VIA rport:   yes
Insert VIA received:  yes
Insert VIA rport:   yes
Substitute VIA Addr:  yes
Send Resp To Src Port: no
STUN Enable:  yes
STUN Test Enable: yes
STUN Server:  your stun serve
EXT IP:
EXT RTP Port Min:
NAT Keep Alive Intvl:  20

These settings should work with the onsip.org config file.

g-)