[Serusers] Ser 0.9.0 and Cisco Voice Gateway

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Wed Apr 20 12:40:16 CEST 2005

Ahmad:

   There are a number of examples of this in the archives. Search for PSTN
gateway and I'm sure you will find what you need. Basically the gateway
needs
dial-peer statements to "handle" the dialed digits. You'll also want to
define
a sip-ua in the Cisco box where the server points to the address of your
SER proxy. The server address can contain different values including an IP
address, hostname or SRV name.

    In your SER proxy you'll want to add conditional statements to test if
the dialed number begins with whatever string indicates the call should go
to the Cisco box, then relay the call to the gateway.

    Finally I'd get IP to IP calling through the proxy working first. If
that isn't
working you may have additional issues.

--

ISC Network Engineering