[Serusers] configuration for public ser and natted pstn gateway

Lee Azzarello lee.azzarello at ps-solved.com
Mon Aug 22 17:16:45 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 16:23 +0200, Simone Cittadini wrote:
> I've the following configuration :
>
> internet --- ser -||-- asterisk
>
> but of course you can't hear nothing with this config...
> Googling I only find configurations relative to the ser machine also
> being natted, can someone tell me what I need to do in my particular case ?

Reading this solved most of my SIP/NAT problems:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+SIP+NAT+solutions

You may be better off using the NAT functions in Asterisk and forwarding
a bunch of ports to it. That's my strategy, coupled with putting SER on
the public Internet only.

--
Lee Azzarello
Network Engineer