[Serusers] Access Denied Error in SER setup

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Thu Aug 25 11:20:52 CEST 2005

Did you create mysql User and Group before changing password with
mysqladmin ?

I am not sure why exactly they recommend creating mysql user and group
in the document, this is not needed for SER. SER and SERWeb use ser and
serro usernames to access the database.

If you have the database up and running and if you can login as root
into in then I would recommend to proceed to ser_mysql.sh which will
craate the SER database and users.

  Jan.