[Serusers] ser.cfg for proxy and registrar

Jan Henkins jan at henkins.za.net
Sun Dec 4 23:55:35 CET 2005

Hello Simon,

I'm going to give you the same advice I got in the past few days from
the gurus on this list: Go and check out http://www.onsip.org for
details. You'll have to subscribe (free) in order to gain access to the
downloads area, but once you've got a login, the "SER - Getting Started"
area has fountains of information. Save yourself the pain I had to go
through and short-circuit the process by following the docs on that
site. It has everything you need plus more. I wish I went there first,
would have saved myself months of stumbling around. Basically you need
two files:

1) the gettingstarted05.pdf document, available under the "Draft
versions" area
2) The tarball containing all the source/configs/scripts under the
"Getting Started ser Packages" section.

It's got the exact config you need, as well as some very readable
information regarding each and every configuration option used. The doc
still handles SER 0.9.3, but nothing have changed significantly since
then and you can use all that info directly on 0.9.4. Please, do
yourself the favour and go there right now, consider it required reading
(read it and you'll see why I say that).

Have fun!

On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 04:57 +0100, Simon HEBBO wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     I am trying to install SER with mysql on a debian distribution. The
> installation went very good. But I am not
> able to configure it to work as registrar and proxy in the same time.
> Ser will serve a private network without any connection to the internet
> because i need to test some security issues on SIP.
>
> I think with a good ser.cfg file it will works. So if anyone have a
> ser.cfg file that enable ser to work as a proxy and registrar in the
> same time on a private lan, and could send it to me i will be very
> thankfull.
>
> Thank you all,
>
> Simon HEBBO

Regards,