[Serusers] Using multiple aliases in SER

Martin Kjeldsen martin.kjeldsen at cuatro.dk
Thu Feb 3 01:14:35 CET 2005

I was wondering what would be the correct way to assign multiple aliases
to a subscriber in SER.

The situation is that I have a domain (eg sip.ser.com) for the SER which
I use for the PSTN number aliases to each subscriber.
I have a group of users located under the same domain (eg home.ser.com)
And now I would like to give each subscriber the opportunity to have 2
extensions for their phone.
The first extension is obviously the users login, in this case 4
cyphers, and furthermore I would like to add another 4 cypher extension
to that peticular user, and still keeping it inside the same domain
(home.ser.com)!
Is this possible and does it have something to do with me having to add
an 'ALIAS="home.ser.com"' to the ser.cfg?
I have it up and running with regular PSTN calls reaching the users, and
they to being able to call out to the PSTN. And offcourse the users
being able to call each other inside the same domain, without getting
accounted.

I simply just need to add another secondary alias to the users, and
preferrebly keeping it inside the same domain (home.ser.com), and if
that's not possible then atleast in a different domain from the one I
use for PSTN numbers (sip.ser.com)!

All and any help is greatly appreciated.

Specs: Running SER 0.8.14 with MySQL database, and some boxes for the
users (AudioCodes), and same for PSTN GWs.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind Regards
Martin Kjeldsen

Cuatro-Group P/S (4G)