[Serusers] Symmetric NATs and RTP Proxy - Question

Darren Sessions dsessions at ionosphere.net
Tue Feb 8 19:19:47 CET 2005

We currently do not use an RTP proxy in our service (so the audio does not
ride our internet bandwidth).

Our biggest issue at the moment is the redundancy between two SER servers in
dealing with symmetric NATs (specifically dealing with the individual SER
server unique IP addresses and the far end customer's symmetric NAT).

If we were to use an RTP proxy, as a backup mechanism for dealing with NATs,
would this alleviate the issue of multiple SER servers and symmetric NATs?