[Serusers] ;lr=on> versus ;lr> -- which is RFC3261 compliant?

Java Rockx javarockx at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 06:05:41 CET 2005

Hi all.

We have a partner with a Sonus box that we use for PSTN termination.

Their Sonus box produces suspect Record-Route headers. Can anyone tell
me if it is compliant with RFC3261?

A sample header that I receive looks like this:

Record-Route: <sip:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060;lr>

And I discovered that Asterisk-1.0.2 seems to not properly handle
these messages so it does strict routing rather than loose routing.

Greg greger at teigre.com was kind enough to point me to RFC3261 Section
19.1.1 which seems to indicate that ;lr> should be ;lr=on> for
complance.

Is this correct?

Regards,
Paul