[Serusers] Pb with starting SER

Christian Thomas cthomas at canalwest.com
Tue Jan 11 16:07:36 CET 2005

Hi everybody,

I have installed SER successfully and I have started to deal with.
Unfortunately I'm New on Linux and SER too and I have made a mistake
regarding the starting of SER :

 - I'm using latest package on Red Hat 9 and I have tried to understand the
serctl start / stop / restart functions to make a automatic start in the
Init.d.
during the tests I was unable to stop or kill the process (pid) launched by
start function - I received always the same msg regarding the existence of a
file(ser.pid) and/or a problem to kill the ser process. Because I'm dumb and
newbie I have deleted the ser.pid file in /var/run/ to resolve this problem.
Now I can't do nothing because the start or stop or restart function don´t
want to handle SER because of ser.pid. I have tried manually to create the
file and insert a fake process : the same pb. Then I have tried to use
the -P and -E options of SER to create and use a ser.pid file...nothing.

Does anyone can help me because I can´t use SER anymore...

Thanks in advance to the community.

Christian Thomas

Diretor Executivo
cthomas at canalwest.com <mailto:cthomas at canalwest.com>
www.canalwest.com

Tel +55 (48) 2107 2728 / Fax +55 (48) 333 3745
Atendimento SP (11) 5644 9889
Atendimento RJ (21) 3523 0393

Atendimento SC (48) 3027 2450