[Serusers] click-to-dial problems

Gavin Bensom gb99901 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 19:21:14 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm having a very hard time getting the serweb click
to dial functionality working.

When I log into serweb and click on a sip address in
the phonebook page, the ctd sub-window pops up and
does not display any text.

After about 20-30 seconds, the window displays "408
Request Timeout" in red text.

This is all that happens. I cannot see any sip INVITE
messages flowing via ngrep on the server. I get a
entry in /var/log/httpd/access_log that shows that
ctd.php was called properly. See line from access_log
below.

10.10.30.113 - - [18/Jan/2005:17:53:23 -0800] "GET
/user/ctd.php?target=sip:rk at mydomain.com&uri=sip:gb at mydomain.com&kvrk=1106
099602000 HTTP/1.1" 200 1323
"http://voice/user/phonebook.php?kvrk=41eda110e9af5"
"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
rv:1.7.5
) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0"

I've even tried adding an echo line into the php code
in the "write2fifo" function. The echoed text shows up
in the ctd window when the "408 Request Timeout"
message appears.

I've tried the ctd.sh shell script as well. It fails
to complete and I must use ctrl-c to escape it and
then kill it manually.

My php variable[ $this->fifo_server="/tmp/ser_fifo"; ]
matches my ser.cfg script.

# script excerpt

check_via=no    # (cmd. line: -v)
dns=yes           # (cmd. line: -r)
rev_dns=no      # (cmd. line: -R)
port=5060
children=5
fifo="/tmp/ser_fifo"
#sip_warning=no
group="serfifo"
fifo_mode=0666

Any ideas? I can't find any other log that shows any
activity when I attempt to use click-to-dial.

I really want to get this working.
Thanks,

G.