[Serusers] Portal for forking call to preferred end device-sequential ringing

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Tue Jun 21 16:53:09 CEST 2005

You get into even worse problems as SER does not really have a model for
usrloc changes outside itself. Thus, dependent on your db mode (memory-only,
flush, write-through etc) SER will potentially overwrite your externally set
q-value before stopping. If you use write-through, you probably don't get
that problem, and yes, you could probably theoretically restart SER to
reload the usrloc with new q-values (never validated that, though).
However, with a lot of locations, it's not really feasible due to SER's
start-up loading of locations (and being unavailable while doing so).  Also,
you will probably restart in the middle of a transaction and calls may fail
(unless you use the restart safe parameter).
g-)