[Serusers] Does SER may act as a 3pcc server not 3cpp !

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 14:19:16 CEST 2005

Hi

Havent read the RFC, so take what I say witha pinch/bag of salt.
I thin SER can do this depending on what call control is required, and
what messages are sent to SER, and how they are handled, things like
call transfer etc, are a pain (if anyone has a good setup which works
with 80% of the devices out there let me know), since the IP phone
makers all seem to send different messages, and some just have the
buttons there for show.

Call waiting seemed to work, except that I could get back to the
original caller, this was with a GS Bt102, call forwarding forget it,
unless you do at the server end, some of the firmware on the HT was just
sending blank zeros, things might have changed, so any updates are welcome.

I was lokking at updating DB based on numbers dialied, but then realised
SER was a proxy :-) and didnt really do DTMF well, but I am toying with
a asterisk/ser setup which will let asterisk update ser DB based on
numbers pressed so that you can update your call forwarding , and
voicemail settings using the phone...however this is a work in progress,
and the sun is shining hence it might take a while.

Iqbal