[Serusers] SER+SERWEB+presence

Zeus Ng zeus.ng at isquare.com.au
Mon Mar 7 05:19:56 CET 2005

> I called m_dump() somewhere near my REGISTER
> block but IM in msilo are not being sent to my UA. !?

A copy of your ser.cfg, or at least the section that handle your REGISTER,
would help. Output from ngrep will be even better.

> I would like to use presence (subscribe/notify) to
> manage missed call, message store .
> For example  i have two hardphones.
> If phone1 is offline or busy notify message  is sent
> to phone2.
> phone1 and phone2 are always registered in location
> table and powered.
> I don't want to use "if(!lookup("location")) ... "in
> ser.cfg to manage missed call, message store.

I don't know how to implement such senario with subscribe/notify. It cross
my mind that this is not doable. Someone better than me may be able to help
you.

Most of us are gearing our knowledge base on location table. If you want to
do something different, be the pioneer. Not to discourage you but IMHO,
subscribe/notify better serve the IM world than call flow.