[Serusers] FreeBSD

Barry Murphy barry at unix.co.nz
Tue Mar 15 08:40:48 CET 2005

I'm trying to offer a Iptel service within NZ with servers located in NZ to
save on costly intl bandwidth.

I want to install all modules with MySQL support so downloaded the source to
install from, however I get this error:

root at max:/home/icepick/ser-0.8.14# make modules
"Makefile.sources", line 17: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile.sources", line 19: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 52: Missing dependency operator
Error expanding embedded variable.

So I tried installing from the /freebsd/ folder seeing as it looked like a
port.

root at max:/home/icepick/ser-0.8.14/freebsd# make
Makefile error: there is no COMMENT variable defined
for this port. Please, rectify this.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/icepick/ser-0.8.14/freebsd.

So I took a look at the Makefile where it said .if freebsd >5 or whatever
then use the COMMENTt tag, so I uncommented that and now get ...

root at max:/home/icepick/ser-0.8.14/freebsd# make
===>  Vulnerability check disabled
=> ser-0.8.12_src.tar.gz is not in
/usr/home/icepick/ser-0.8.14/freebsd/distinfo.
=> Either /usr/home/icepick/ser-0.8.14/freebsd/distinfo is out of date, or
=> ser-0.8.12_src.tar.gz is spelled incorrectly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/icepick/ser-0.8.14/freebsd.

So I tried putting ser-0.8.14_src.tar.gz in every possible place, but still
get the above error:

Next up has anyone got example files to do the following:
1./ Allow users to signup using serweb (which I couldn't get working
properly)
2./ Force users to signup with 64 (NZ) prefix infront of the number (I
managed to edit this regex)
3./ Call eachother freely, so some sort of acl to say 64xxxxx calls can be
made
4./ Linking to SipPhone
5./ Linking to FWD
6./ I'll link to many more, so one example would be good.

If someone would like to help with this or possibly provide configs and
modified source, It'd be much appreciated.

Thanks
Barry