[Serusers] serctl 0.9.0 - cannot add user account

matt morris mmorris36 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 15 11:05:55 CET 2005

Hello list,

Recently I compiled ser 0.9.0 with mysql acc, and ser seems working ok,
except I get a warning message twice when I run SER: fix_socket_list: could
not rev. resolve 192.168.0.100 (my SER box's internal ip)

Output:
Listening on
udp: 192.168.0.100 [192.168.0.100]:5060
tdp: 192.168.0.100 [192.168.0.100]:5060
Aliases: *:(its WAN ip address):*
*:ser1.mydomain.com:*
etc
And I port forwarded tcp and udp5060 to my SER box. Why do I get this
warning?Is it simply because my SER box is behind NAT?

Back to my main question: I got an error 400; check if you use aliases in
SER message when I tried "serctl add newusername newpasswd email at mail.com".
I exported my SIP_DOMAIN to be ser1.mydomain.com and also updated the serctl
script with the appropriate db domain and access username and password.
Here is the global definition section of my ser.cfg:
debug=3
fork=yes
listen=192.168.0.100
alias=ser1.mydomain.com
alias=(my WAN ip)
port=5060
children=4

fifo="/tmp/ser_fifo"
fifo_db_url="mysql://username:pass@mysqldomain.com/ser"

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Matt

Scan and help eliminate destructive viruses from your inbound and outbound
e-mail and attachments.
first two months FREE*.