[Serusers] Sipsak and Nagios

Nils Ohlmeier lists at ohlmeier.org
Thu Mar 17 01:08:30 CET 2005

Although I do not use Nagios I would suggest the following tests:
- send OPTIONS to your SER proxy (optionally use the SER options module to
answer the requests correctly): -s sip:proxy.address
- register with your proxy, in case with authentication: -U -s
sip:username at proxy.address -a password
- register and invite yourself: -UI -s sip:username at proxy.address -a password

If you combine all these tests you should have covered  a fair amount of the
functionality of your proxy.
In any case you should use a separate username for the last two tests.

If you send OPTIONS to any registered UA, the test includes the erroneous UA
component (from your proxy to the UA). So I would not recommend that, except
if you combine it with one of the tests above.

  Nils