[Serusers] Newbie question Best way to strip headers out of sip invites?

Dale J. Robertson dale at nap.com
Wed Nov 2 12:52:12 CET 2005

I am looking for the best way to remove headers from INVITES sent to my
PSTN gateway. The invites from my UA are too long and return '513's when
they include authentication. My provider doesn't support BYOD so getting
them to change maxlength is not an option. there are several headers
that are sent by my ua that are not sent by the ua they have provided.
when I strip the extra headers out using textops subst function it
leaves an empty line which the pstn gateway doesn't seem to like very
much. Is there some other method to strip headers? or maybe my regular
expression syntax is wrong? the re I use to select the Date: header for
removal is '^Date:.*$' replaced with // . I am testing my re's using
sed. I must admit I know nearly nothing about using regular expressions.
Thanks,
Dale