[Serusers] Packets fragmentation and message reduction

Arek Bekiersz sip at perceval.net
Thu Nov 3 18:12:59 CET 2005

Hi Federico,

1. Do you use "consume_credentials()" function in first place?
I repeat: this function removes Authorization header fields after using
them.

It can give you more than 200 bytes of margin in typical situation. It is
more than enough. What's more, you don't usually want to expose details of
your authorization
mechanism to outside world. Although we are talking about Digest
authorization scheme, it is still interesting for malicious user to know how
do you perform authorization and what are digest user names....

2. IMHO e, converting header field names to abbreviated form is actually
<more> traumatic, than editing SDP.
I rarely see UAs that use abbreviated form of SIP header fields.

--
Regards,
Arek