[Serusers] New Presence Server in SER

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue Nov 15 16:29:44 CET 2005

Folks,

We have been working on SIMPLE support in SER for a while and I am happy
to announce that recent SER versions contain vastly improved support for
SIP-based presence (presence server).

Here is (incomplete) list of features:

1) Resource list support
2) XCAP
3) XCAP-based authorization
4) presence package
5) watcherinfo package
6) Database persistence (server can be restarted without loosing
   existing subscriptions)

The new code was extensively tested with EyeBeam user agent.

There is a preeliminary version of SER Presence Handbook available at:

http://www.iptel.org/ser/presence

The handbook describes various modules that, together, can be used to
implement almost fully-featured presence server. You can also find
installation instructions there.

Note that this is work in progress and both the code and documentation
get updated frequently. Please report bugs and feature requests in our
bug tracking system at http://bugs.sip-router.org

The new presence server contains contributions from Jamey Hicks, XTen,
and members of Internet2 PIC working group. Integration and development of
new code was done by Vaclav Kubart <vaclav.kubart at iptel.org>, who is the new
maintainer of presence code in SER.

Special thanks go to Candace Holman, Jamey Hicks, and Ben Teitelbaum for
their support.

   Jan.