[Serusers] mediaproxy and private ip

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Thu Oct 6 14:39:28 CEST 2005

Message:-) Thanks, now I understand. See inline.

  ok,
  Thanks for answering ;)

  I will reformulate

  Using ser.cfg from onsip.org version 5.

  When Uas register to ser, they are register with their privates IPs (192.168.xxx.xxx), not with the public Ip of the natted network.
So serctl ul show will show the private address for the UA?  If so, for some reason the client_nat_test does not detect the NATed client, an ngrep of the registration will help.

  Making a call requires proxy authentification but ser WWW-Challenge never arrives to UA(wrong adress).
  Register works, even with authentification.
The challenge is not sent to the registered address, but rather to the originator of the request. An ngrep trace of the INVITE will again help.  The challenge response will normally be sent to the source ip and port, not the contact (which BTW also should be fixed by calling fix_nated_contact())
g-)

  Any idea

  In tha cfg, I have :

   if (method=="INVITE" && client_nat_test("7")) {
    # INSERT YOUR IP ADDRESS HERE
    record_route_preset("82.146.xxx.xxx:5060;nat=yes");
   } else if (method!="REGISTER") {
    record_route();
   };
   and also :
   if (!search("^Contact:[ ]*\*") && client_nat_test("7")) {
    setflag(6);
    fix_nated_register();
    force_rport();
   };

   if (!www_authorize("finalcut.be","subscriber")) {
    www_challenge("finalcut.be","0");
    break;
   };