[Serusers] xmlrpc calls

zkeatts zkeatts at nuvio.com
Thu Oct 6 16:46:54 CEST 2005

Jan,

I have been able to determine that the %u-byte error that the xml-rpc
library is giving me comes from the following.

In modules/xmlrpc.c

there is a method called rpc_struct_add that has several execution
cases. The error I have been getting apparently is connected to the
following snippet of code.

case 'S':
str_val = va_arg(ap, str*);

fprintf(stderr, "STR_S[%s] STR_LEN[%u]", str_val->s, str_val->len);

val = xmlrpc_build_value(&rpc_ctx.env, "s#", str_val->s, str_val->len);
if (rpc_ctx.env.fault_occurred) goto error;
break;

Notice how I added that fprint statement. I was curious as to what
exactly was being passed to the xmlrpc functions and why it would give
such a large u-byte block. Printing the contents of str_val usually
yields the following

STR_S[xe¹] STR_LEN[3048842876]

It seems to me that the "structure" being passed is empty? All I know is
that this particular function is called from /modules/usr_loc/ul_rpc.c
=> print_contacts

Do you maybe have an idea of what is going on with that structure?

Thanks,

Zach Keatts