[Serusers] Username conventions with Asterisk as voicemail ???

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Mon Oct 10 20:46:46 CEST 2005

I use numbers for all usernames in ser, and hence voicemail boxes in
asterisk, makes it easier. All aliases are names, hence both work.

DID in separate table which is mapped to subscriber just like alias is,
hence I do two lookups, one in aliases and one in DiD_table, I was going
to drop aliases altogether , and may do in the future, but for those
using softphones it's easier.

As for updating get asterisk to read from mysql, and then when you add a
user simply create the voicemail entry in there.

Iqbal