[Serusers] Can I use exec commands for authentication?

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Sat Sep 10 09:45:15 CEST 2005

Ryan,
I haven't seen any answers to your post...

This is most certainly possible, but will not scale for a large number of
users. SER will fork a child for each exec when exec command is encountered
(i.e. no ready forked children) and the overhead is pretty large.  You are
also vulnerable to the script as a failure in the script may cause the SER
child to hang. If the same error occurs in several SER children, SER will
not be able to process requests.
g-)