[Serusers] ebay to pay $4 billion for skype [OT]

Corey S. McFadden csm-lists at csma.biz
Mon Sep 12 18:22:06 CEST 2005

Meg Whitman was on CNBC this morning via phone to describe what they're
actually thinking and apparently they want to brand eBay/Skype on
the calls and do a pay-for-calls from buyers for the sellers on the site.
They also talked a lot about a translation service they're doing where
they hook up a third party who has registered as a translator...  I guess
15% of eBay transactions cross a border or language barrier or something.

Still seems like an expensive acquisition though.

-Corey