[Serusers] Re: loose routing of BYE from UDP to TCP

Mark Aiken aiken.mark at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 00:03:59 CEST 2005

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but from a quick look at the code in
(rr and tm) there seems to be no connection between the transport= param in
a Route header (directed at SER itself), and the transport selected by
t_relay().

Is this by design or just a missing feature?

It would seem the only way to get t_relay() to use TCP from a loose routed
request would be to add the transport=tcp to the RURI.

The code in tm and rr is not exactly easy to follow in a couple of hours so
anyone who might understand how this is intended to work please send me an
email. It looks to me as if SER is removing the Route headers if they are
directed to "myself" and not preserving the transport=tcp information in any
way that is used later by t_relay()

Thanks