[Serusers] Branch result code selection during serial forking - OpenSER does it?

Arek Bekiersz sip at perceval.net
Fri Sep 30 11:31:20 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've once asked Serusers list about problem with sequential forking and
failure_routes[]. SER pickes lower result code from branches. This is
how "tm" module is done (t_check_status(), ...). Mail was from 05
September 2005, titled:

"t_check_status() - why it is checking for winning reply in failure_routes?"

Received many answers, thanks for it.
I was responded by Klaus Darilion on 06/09 that SER policy is kept
according to RFC - we pick LOWEST response code. So it is impossible in
example to make sequential (serial) routing based on "486" to third
branch, when first branch responded "404" and second branch responded
"486". There will always be "404".

I was thinking yesterday about writing just another alternative function
for t_check_status() and t_pick_branch() in tm module, to do what I
need. That is: checking if error code is something useful, that tells me
what happened downstream in current branch (busy? timed out?).

But today I was reading this article on OpenSER:
http://openser.org/pipermail/users/2005-June/000004.html

Seems it is possible to use OpenSER to make sequential forking with
more than one failure_route[]? There is fix to tm module that pickes
result only from last set of forked branches?

Am I correct? Thanks for comments.

--
Regards,
Arek Bekiersz