[Serusers] ser 0.10 status

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Mon Oct 23 10:33:41 CEST 2006

0.10 is quite stable right now. There are no further features left that
will impact ser.cfg.
The next step is now to get documentation to a level where we can offer
a release candidate for broader testing. The What's new documentation on
iptel.org is part of that effort.  Those you would like to try with the
documentation already available could get 0.10 using cvs. As soon we
consider the documentation good enough for broader testing and the
developers are satisfied with their testing results, a tar package will
be made available.

As for actual release, we use the classic open source release mechanism
of "release when ready." Lots of large installations use SER and we have
a responsibility to make sure that people don't waste their time on
half-baked software, so we will NOT just declare it to be ready. This
doesn't mean that SER cvs shouldn't be used for lab testing. Go ahead,
I'm sure you will like it!
g-)