[Serusers] MySQL confusion

vijay tiwari vijay11tiwari at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 12:24:11 CEST 2006

please follow these step to run mysql module if ur mysql run the reply me once.

 A database is needed to support a number of functions within ser. Namely authentication and accounting. In our configuration we have used MySQL, other databases can be supported but will require a different setup.

 We are assuming that you have a working MySQL database with a root password. Of course, you will also need the development MySQL package loaded as it contains the header files for the source code.

 To support MySQL, three steps are needed :-

    1.      Modify the source, rebuild and reinstall the binaries
    2.      Modify MySQL to support the database and tables needed
    3.      Modify the ser.cfg to use the database

 All the source has already been loaded, what we need to change is the Makefile so that we now include the MySQL module. Edit the file src/sip_router/Makefile and at the line starting exclude_modules= remove the reference to mysql. Save the file and then recompile the code with the command make all. Reinstall the binaries by taking root privileges and executing make install.

 MySQL needs to be modified to support the SER database and tables. Again take on root privileges and execute

 (i)    /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld start
 (ii)     make dbinstall.

 You will be asked for the root MySQL password(heslo) and also the realm(domain=ip of your sip server) that you want.

 o Configure the install, ie the mysql password and the ser database password
                 + View /usr/sbin/ser_mysql.sh, where the following are defined
                   DBHOST=localhost
                   USERNAME=ser
                   DEFAULT_PW=heslo
                   ROUSER=serro
                   RO_PW=47serro11
                   SQL_USER="root"
                   DEFAULT_PW=heslo
 # DEFAULT_PW is the password used by serctl to add users etc! Create the SER                  database with this SER script

 o Run the SER script to create the SER database in mysql.

             /usr/sbin/ser_mysql.sh create
             Notes:
             MySql password for root: BLANK
             Domain (Realm) is the domain name for the SIP users: nctu.edu.tw
             Second password: BLANK

 o Enter mysql and check that the tables have been created, follow these commands
   to check it is working correctly:

             mysql
             connect ser;
             show tables;
             select * from subscriber;
             exit

 o Edit the SER configuration file "/usr/local/etc/ser/ser.cfg" so that SER will use mysql
             + Uncomment the line loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so"
             + Comment the line modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 0)
             + Uncomment the line modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)
             + to enable digest authentication:
             # Uncomment the line loadmodule /usr/lib/ser/modules/auth.so
             # Uncomment the line loadmodule /usr/lib/ser/modules/auth_db.so
             + Uncomment these lines and change all instances of iptel.org to nctu.edu.tw
             # if (!www_authorize("nctu.edu.tw", "subscriber")) {
             # www_challenge("nctu.edu.tw", "0");

 o Restart SER so that the changes take effect

             cd /usr/local/lib/mysql
             ln -s libmysqlclient.so.12 libmysqlclient.so.10
             # temporary solution
             kill `cat /var/run/ser.pid`
             /usr/local/sbin/ser -P /var/run/ser.pid
 * Create two users using serctl. IMPORTANT NOTE : YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN AS ROOT (NOT JUST sudo)!!!!!!!
       and you need to use the DEFAULT_PW=heslo as the password set in /usr/sbin/ser_mysql.sh
       /usr/sbin/serctl add quincy password quincy at 6ren.net.tw
       /usr/sbin/serctl add solomon password solomon at ipv6.org.tw
 * Test the connection using two SIP UAs.

        o See the examles of how to configure UAs.
        o Use the this command to see who is logged in:
          serctl ul show

 Errors:1
 root at bishthost sbin]# ser
  0(3448) WARNING: fix_socket_list: could not rev. resolve 192.168.5.93
  0(3448) WARNING: fix_socket_list: could not rev. resolve 192.168.5.93
 Listening on
              udp: 192.168.5.93 [192.168.5.93]:5060
              tcp: 192.168.5.93 [192.168.5.93]:5060
 Aliases:

 stateless - initializing
 [root at bishthost sbin]#  0(0) Maxfwd module- initializing
  0(0) new_connection(): Access denied for user 'root'@'192.168.5.93' (using pass word: YES)
  0(0) db_init(): Could not create a connection
  0(0) ERROR: uridb_db_ver: unable to open database connection
  0(0) ERROR: uri_db:mod_init(): Error while querying table version
  0(0) init_mod(): Error while initializing module uri_db
 ERROR: error while initializing modules

 solutions:

 The password for mysql is not good and openser fails to authenticate to database server.

 Try "mysql -u openser -h localhost -p" with the same pasword you set in ser.cfg (configuration file)

 Error2:
 mysql> mysql
     -> connect ser;
 ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'mysql
 connect ser' at line 1
 solutions
 just recennect the datebase(ser) by this command

      mysql> \r ser

 Connection id:    131
 Current database: ser

 Error3:
 [root at bishthost ser]# ser
    0(3666) WARNING: fix_socket_list: could not rev. resolve
 192.168.5.93
    0(3666) WARNING: fix_socket_list: could not rev. resolve
 192.168.5.93
   Listening on
                udp: 192.168.5.93 [192.168.5.93]:5060
                tcp: 192.168.5.93 [192.168.5.93]:5060
   Aliases:

   stateless - initializing
   [root at bishthost ser]#  0(0) Maxfwd module- initializing
    0(0) INFO: udp_init: SO_RCVBUF is initially 110592
    0(0) INFO: udp_init: SO_RCVBUF is finally 221184
    0(0) ERROR: tcp_init: bind(5, 0x8117144, 16) on 192.168.5.93:
 Address already in use

 solution:
 I think you have started SER already, or something use port 5060 on
 your host.

 try to do this:

 serctl stop

 or