[Serdev] Re: [Serusers] t_on_retransmission route

Hendrik Scholz hendrik.scholz at freenet-ag.de
Wed Sep 27 12:42:55 CEST 2006

Hi Greger!

Greger V. Teigre wrote:
> Comment: You can change timers before you send to the GW, maybe not all
> you need, but why not make sure SER does not spend a long time timing
> out or resending INVITEs? I would assume it is better to handle dead
> peers in a unified manner in failure route?

I thought about reducing the fr_timer for particularly interesting calls
but once the timer fires I'll be stuck in a situation where I get a
408 timeout not knowing if there was a 100/180/183 received before.

Over here calls to a cell phone via a SIP->PSTN gateway tend to take
4-5 seconds to the first ringing. Nonetheless the PSTN gateway sends the
first response (100 Trying) within a couple of milliseconds thus moving
the UAC to the 'Proceeding' state.
What I was looking for was a way to trigger various actions (i.e.
rerouting traffic) if the transaction didn't advance to the Proceeding
state within that small amout of milliseconds no matter how long
it takes to receive any final response from the UAS.

Cheers,
  Hendrik

--
freenet Cityline GmbH, Hamburger Chaussee 2-4, 24114 Kiel, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)431 9020552, Fax: +49 (0)431 9020559
Internet: http://www.freenet.de, eMail: hendrik.scholz at freenet-ag.de