[Serusers] Help: I can't hear audio although I receive the RTP packets

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Fri Apr 20 08:24:54 CEST 2007

Think in straight lines: If you remove the NAT and it works, then the
NAT is the problem. It also means that if both RTP and SIP signalling
looks the same in both cases, you have either overlooked a difference,
or they are really the same, but the NAT is doing something and your
tests haven't revealed it.

So, have you captured signalling and RTP on both end-points? So you know
the NAT is not dropping RTP?
If you see streams both ways on BOTH end-points, then I would say the
NAT either garbles SIP messages (and you have overlooked something) or
it garbles RTP (which in case you should probably see something in the
user agents' error logs?)
g-)