[Serusers] Re: ser_ctl

Jan Halla hallik at iptel.org
Tue Jan 9 14:28:50 CET 2007

Please, correct me if something is wrong.

There are three SER admin utilities with little bit confusing names:

  * serctl
    - this is oldest SER's utility which have some limitations with new versions
      of SER.
    - it is bash script
    - in SER's source tree is stored as scripts/sc file

  * sercmd
    - new management utility
    - wroted in C language
    - use optimized binary protocol to communicate with SER
    - need 'ctl' module
    - utility and module is part of SER source tree

  * ser_* (ser_ctl, ser_cred, ser_rpc, ser_user, ser_attr, ser_domain, ser_uri)
    - management utilities in python language
    - uses XML-RPC protocol (or FIFO for local comunication) to communicate
      with SER
    - need XML-RPC working on server
    - developed as separate project on CVS as module 'serctl' (under sip_router root)
    - poorly documented

-- hallik