[Serusers] ser mem usage

Hendrik Scholz hscholz at raisdorf.net
Sat Jul 7 06:24:52 CEST 2007

Hi!

Arun Kumar wrote:
> I've noticed strange thing about my ser(0.9.6) day by day memory usage
> is getting increas and even after stopping my ser its not releasing the
> memory.

If you stop SER it frees all the used memory so this sounds kinda
unlikely. Could this be related to the mail thread 'Please help its
urgent' you started two weeks ago?
Which tools did you use to check the memory usage? Did you compare the
results to the ones from two weeks ago?

A reason for instant memory usage after startup would be registrations
loaded from a database backend but they should only show up on sercmd
core.shmmem and not reflect on what you see in top.

Greets,
 Hendrik

--
Hendrik Scholz <hscholz at raisdorf.net> http://www.wormulon.net/