[Serusers] [Serdev] loose_route behaviour, detecting single Route with myself

Atle Samuelsen clona at cyberhouse.no
Wed Jul 18 06:18:13 CEST 2007

* Jiri Kuthan <jiri at iptel.org> [070717 19:34]:
> At 18:48 17/07/2007, Atle Samuelsen wrote:
> >Hi,

> >> how likely it is that a phone being rung up is suddenly re-registered at
> >> a different location?
> >>

> >Ive seen this a few times infact. I've seen this happen when a useragent
> >got a new IP due to the router infront of it was rebooting every 60
> >second..  The call was haveing some "hickups" as the customer called
> >it.. every 1 min the call droped for 5 seconds.. then came up again..
>
> That sounds very realistic, still in this case I think I would be fixing
> the rapidly changing IP address because that's the root problem. Established
> calls would not work very well with it either and certainly many other things
> break.

Offcource that would be the preferd way of doing it.. but it happens..
you asked how likeley it was to happen :) I've seen this more then once
infact.. so it does happen :)

tough, over to fixing or not fixing it.. In most cases, the BYE will
come true in anyways, due to that the user behind the changing ip will
most likley also hanup at sometime, and since he has\nt recived a bye..
he will send one out :)

- AtlE