[Serusers] SER-routing-problem

Weiter Leiter bp4mls at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 25 10:38:15 CEST 2007

Are the AS and HT both part of the same network?
Otherwise, most comon diagnosis for your symtom is NAT and you might find
some inspiration as instructed below, or any other NAT support resource you
find on www.iptel.org
ftp://siprouter.onsip.org/pub/gettingstarted/configs/nat-rtpproxy.cfg
ftp://siprouter.onsip.org/pub/gettingstarted/configs/nat-mediaproxy.cfg

On 7/24/07, Vlad Costea <vlad.costea at interpoint.ro> wrote:

> Hello.
> I have just installed SER on RedHat 9 Linux with the purpose to route
> voice packages between a PSTN Gateway AS5350 and a Grandstream HandyTone
> 286.Let me tell you how it should work: I have assigned a phone number,
> that when it is picked-up, the IVR from the AS5350 router respods and after
> the press of a key it sends the packages to the HandyTone and from there to
> a normal phone; So far so good because it partialy works, that means that
> the phone rings butt there is no voice. I have managed to solve this problem
> using a hardware Sip Server between the two devices ( in this way both HT286
> and AS5350 act as clients), but this is not possible any more because it was
> not my server; so i have tried with a software solution and I've installed
> SER. As I said before , I haven't managed to configure  it to work as I wish
> and this is why I'am asking for your help; it would realy help me if you can
> provide a ser.cfg example that would do just the routing part (no ack no
> authentification , no mysql,...., just routing).
> Please excuse my bad english.
> Thank you very much !

"C is a language that combines all the elegance and power of assembly
language with all the readability and maintainability of assembly language."