[Serusers] SER-routing-problem

Weiter Leiter bp4mls at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 25 12:58:04 CEST 2007

Vlad,

On 7/25/07, Vlad Costea <vlad.costea at interpoint.ro> wrote:

> No , they are on different networks, and NAT has nothing to do with it
> because there is no router to do so between them, only the default gateways
> ( both HT and AS have public ip adresses) . As i said in the first mail , my
> only problem is the config of SER to receive the voice packages from one IP
> adress and send them to another IP adress and only that ( something like :
> listen on : 193.226.xxx.xxx,5060 , send to: 193.230.xxx.xxx ).

SER is only handling signaling, SIP. It is unable to handle "voice packages"
- RTP in this case - by itself. That's why two other - equivalent - helping
applications exist: rtpproxy and mediaproxy.

Actually I'm not even sure that SER cand replace the hardware version of a
> Sip Server . The path I described
> (phone->AS5350->SipServer->HandyTone->phone) ,  works on  an  request/reply
> system  and  the codec  negotiation  is  made after the reply from the HT;
> if the reply message is not transmited on the same path there is no codec
> negotiation , there-for no voice.

So, in your scenario with SER is the session established OK? In other words,
is the call established and lasts on both phones for more than 30s (or
more), or less than that: the callee picks up, but this is never perceived
at caller?

Anyway , thanks for trying to help me. Unfortunately, day after day , I'm
> begining to think that there is no solution for my problem.

>From my experience, unless running SER, no other (hardware) box can do as
much as SER&friends can. You just need to clearly say what hurts.
As last resort, do a network sniffing on the SER box and send it over.

WL.