[Serusers] ser mysql issue on RedHat

flavio flavio.patria at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 18:14:23 CEST 2007

Hi to All,
I've successfull installed ser with mysql support on my RedHat Server.
When I try to start ser I've the follow error message:

0(0) new_connection(): Client does not support authentication protocol
requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client*

I have follow the suggestion posted in the list, as:

> *root at ubuntu:/usr/local/sbin #  0(0) new_connection(): Client does not
> support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading
> MySQL client*

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html

But error remains. Any suggestions about??

ps Yes, on my slackware test pc, following that no problems was found!!

-
* (o<     ing. Patria Flavio
* //\      phone 0823451358
* V_/_  mobile 3407873357