[Serusers] Integrate LCS & SER Server

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Mon Nov 5 20:59:30 CET 2007

At 18:17 05/11/2007, elilkumaran s wrote:
>Sir/Madam
>
>I'm a System administrator of Institute.
>
>I use MS LCS 2005 SP1 Enterprise edition & Office Communicator in my work place.
>I have linux SER Server & CISCO ATA 186 Telephone adapter.
>
>I have to run to Messenger client X-Lite for SER Server and Office Communicator for LCS.
>
>Because I place TP in Guard Office they can call Staff through SER  server / X-Lite.
>But can't call Office Communicator!

Consider this "howto":
- log in as administrator in the Windows machine on which LCS is running
- start debian installation CD
- when asked "replace existing partitions", answer yes
- when finished, install SER debian packages, along with mysql
- continue testing your SIP end-devices

;-)

>CISCO ATA 186 can't registering in LCS, I thing it not possible  directly. ( Because  LCS use Active Directory Account through Kerbas & NTLM authentication).
>So I want integrate LCS & SER Server to facilitate  TP  call to  Office Communicator & Office Communicator call TP.
>I use a pool in LCS as normal TCP (not TLS). SER Server also use normal (with out DB -Any one can registrar with any name)
>
>Could you kindly tell the process for integrate LCS  &  SER  Server?

Seriously -- why would you like to have two servers when you can have one,
whichever you prefer better?

-jiri