[Kamailio-Users] failure route configuration

sergejf serge at elasticall.com
Tue Aug 19 16:27:51 CEST 2008

We're using OpenSER 1.3 so this should be fine.

However, I'm looking at the failure routes and notice that what you are
doing is selecting a new domain when the initial routing attempt returns an
error. Assuming I have three gateways "G1" to "G3" in the same domain "D1"
and the hash function causes the initial INVITE to be transmitted to "G1"
which is saturated (503 returned), how can I sequentially try "G2" and "G3"
in the failure routes? Am I going to need two failure routes with two
additional domains "D2" and "D3", changing the hash_index of each gateway in
the domains? E.g. if "G1" hash_index = 1 in "D1", then should I put "G2"
hash_index = 1 in "D2" and "G3" hash_index = 1 in "D3"?

The Dispatcher had an elegant way of dealing with post-failure re-routing by
returning the destination set resulting from the first load balancing
operation and allowing the script to then remove the last tried destination
from the set and making another routing attempt on the reduced set. It seems
that CarrierRoute doesn't support this, not even in its 1.4 incarnation.