[Serusers] (SER + OpenXCAP) Presence Authorization problem

Guhan P guhan.p at globaledgesoft.com
Wed Feb 6 15:27:25 CET 2008

Hi All,

I am using SER 2.0 and OpenXCAP 0.9.7 and facing problem in implementing Presence Authorization using XCAP in my project.

I have done the following:-

User A     (User_A.pcap(attachment)):
1.Registered with SER.
2.Published A's info into SER.
3.Subscribed for it's 'presence.watcher info'
4.Transferred presence_rules.xml(which contains rules to allow B to see his presence status) to OpenXcap.
        Following debugging messages were printed (while transferring presence_rules file ) in OpenXcap:
        **************************************
        Feb  6 12:15:40 sips openxcap[2557]: [-] Starting factory <twisted.web.xmlrpc._QueryFactory instance at 0xb3cde68c>
        Feb  6 12:15:40 sips openxcap[2557]: [Uninitialized] error: Error while notifying OpenSER management interface for 'user' a@: Connection was refused by other side: 111: Connection refused.
        Feb  6 12:15:40 sips openxcap[2557]: [Uninitialized] a@ from 172.16.7.187 "PUT http://172.16.7.204/xcap-root/pres-rules/users/a/presence-rules.xml" 201 0 - unknown
        Feb  6 12:15:40 sips openxcap[2557]: [Uninitialized] Stopping factory <twisted.web.xmlrpc._QueryFactory instance at 0xb3cde68c>
        *************************************

User B     (User_B.pcap(attachment)):
5.Registered with SER.
6.Published B's info into SER.
7.Sent Subscribe request for A's presence status to SER.
8.Received 200 ok for subscribe request.
9.Received Notify request with status as pending

10.SER intimated User A about User B's subscription.
         Following debugging messages were printed in SER:
         ***************************
         5(5114) find_export_record: found <xcap_query> in module xcap [/home/ser/SER2.0/lib/ser/modules/xcap.so]
         5(5114) curl error: 22
         5(5114) XCAP problems for uri 'http://172.16.7.204:8000/xcap-root/pres-rules/users/a/presence-rules.xml'
         ***************************

SER did not send User A's presence status to User B(Notify status was pending).
It seems to be SER did not interact with OpenXcap server.

This is my Presence Authorization configuration settings in ser.cfg
modparam("pa", "use_db", 1)
modparam("pa", "offline_winfo_timer", 600)
#modparam("pa", "use_offline_winfo", 1)
modparam("pa", "offline_winfo_expiration", 600)
modparam("pa", "db_url", "mysql://ser:heslo@127.0.0.1:3306/ser")
# mode of PA authorization: none, implicit or xcap
modparam("pa", "auth", "xcap")
modparam("pa", "winfo_auth", "none")
modparam("pa", "use_callbacks", 1)
modparam("pa", "accept_internal_subscriptions", 0)
modparam("pa", "max_subscription_expiration", 120)
modparam("pa", "timer_interval", 1)
modparam("pa", "watcherinfo_notify", 1)
modparam("pa", "async_auth_queries", 1)
modparam("pa", "pres_rules_file", "presence-rules.xml")

modparam("xcap", "xcap_root", "http://172.16.7.204:8000/xcap-root")

modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 1)

Please find the attached file NW_Captures.zip which contains two ethereal captures(User_A.pcap & User_B.pcap).
Could you help me to resolve this problem?

Regards,
Guhan