[Serusers] Forwarding calls to a ShoreTel System

Freese, Bill FreeseW at health.missouri.edu
Fri Jul 18 18:34:09 CEST 2008

I will apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum or if this is an
embarrassing newbie question.

I am currently using an Trixbox/Asterisk system to connect a Rolm PBX to
a ShoreTel phone system via SIP. The asterisk box doesn't correctly
support the REFER method, so I'm hoping to use SER to proxy my SIP
connections to allow the Rolm users to function correctly with transfers
and conferencing.

I have installed and configured my SER system using the getting started
documentation. I have successfully interconnected my SER system with my
Asterisk and with a Cisco 2801 and can place and route calls as I would
expect. When I try to place a call through SER to my ShoreTel system, I
get the standard "SIP/2.0 404 Not Found". If I compare captures of my
successful SIP connection from my Asterisk environment to a capture of
the SER attempt, the only real difference I see is that the INVITE TO:
field has the IP of my SER system instead of the ShoreTel system. The
actual INVITE uri is identifying the ShoreTel device, but the TO field
has the SER address. The Asterisk connection has the address of the
ShoreTel device in both places.

I have tried to look through the docs and searched online, but I did not
find any resources on this question. I  would appreciate any feedback
that could point me in the right direction.

Here is a ser -V from my SER system

version: ser 0.9.7-pre1 (i386/linux)
flags: STATS: Off, USE_IPV6, USE_TCP, DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST,
DNS_IP_HACK, SHM_MEM, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, F_MALLOC,
FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16,
MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
@(#) $Id: main.c,v 1.197.2.1 2005/07/25 16:56:24 andrei Exp $
main.c compiled on 14:05:21 Jul 16 2008 with gcc 4.1.2

I route my calls to the ShoreTel system through the basic PSTN route
from the getting started sample:

route[5] {

        #
        # PSTN Handler
        #

        rewritehost("my.IP.addr.here"); # INSERT YOUR PSTN GATEWAY IP
ADDRESS

        avp_write("i:45", "inv_timeout");

        t_on_failure("1");

        route(1);