[Serusers] SER performance bottleneck ?

Dragos Vingarzan Dragos.Vingarzan at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Mar 31 12:37:23 CEST 2008

Hi Fang,

Do you consider it realistic to produce load for millions of users with
just 1-2? I don't. What probably happens is that you get a lot of
inter-locking somewhere like in the registrar because you use just 2
users. So you could have 100 CPUs and gigs of RAM, but if you do not use
more users, it won't scale.

I would say that you need to use ratios for calls/sec/users way smaller
than 1, while you now seem to be at about 1500 or so... This is highly
unrealistic and also not relevant.

Cheers,
-Dragos

fang, tian wrote:
> Hi dear friends,
> We tried to benchmarking IPtel SER 0.9.6 on Intel xeon CPU based
> computer recently,but we met a problem about poort performance.For
> example ,on a computer configured with Intel 2*sossaman CPU (four
> cores)+2G ddr2-400 memory+100M Ethernet card, we didn't configure any
> database,and registered with only 1-2 users,and we use SIPP 3.0 as the
> call generator ,but we can only see about 3,000 calls per second for a
> very simply built-in scenario in SIPP(UAC+UAS),and the CPU idle
> percentage is about 70-80%.if we tried to increase the call rate ,we
> got failure calls.
> We tried to enlarge the memory to 768M for SER,and limited the ser
> processes number on each port from 8 to 4,and we also made some
> improvement on config.h & Makefile.defs,but didn't get big improvement
> on performance .
> If anybody could help me on this,I will appreciate a lot.
> Thanks
> Fang tian.
>

> FREE Animations for your email - By IncrediMail! Click Here!
> <http://www.incredimail.com/index.asp?id=105578&rui=93057459>

Dipl. Eng. Dragos Vingarzan
Fraunhofer FOKUS/NGNI
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31
10589 Berlin,Germany
Phone +49 (0)30 - 3463 - 7385
Mobile +49 (0)176 - 48 32 16 00
Web www.fokus.fraunhofer.de www.openimscore.org
We could change the world if God would give us the source code...