[SR-Users] Need Help with media proxy

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 11:14:17 CET 2010

Hello,

On 12/23/10 9:31 PM, Amit Nepal wrote:
> Hi ,
>       I am new to this list. I am trying to learn openser. I have
> installed and configured asterisk and kamailio and now trying to
> install media proxy on centos 32 bit but I am having hard time finding
> documentation on media proxy.  Any ideas ? or documentation on
> installation and integration with openser ?

do you need it? If you proxy the calls always through asterisk, than
makes no sense to add another media relay in the middle.

If you use asterisk only for some media-related services, I can give a
hint with the option of using rtpproxy - that because the default config
file is pre-configured with nat traversal via nathelper+rtpproxy -- read
the top comments of default kamailio.cfg

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio (OpenSER) Advanced Training
Jan 24-26, 2011, Irvine, CA, USA
http://www.asipto.com