[SR-Users] Kamailio and NAPTR lookup with TLS

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 18:10:35 CEST 2010

Hello,

On 7/8/10 5:59 PM, Matteo Campana wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm using kamailio 1.5 with TLS module.
> I need to make ENUM query and get NAPTR record.
> > From NAPTR lookup, I'd like to relay my SIP Invite with tls protocol.
>
> How can I tell Kamailio to use TLS protocol ( instead of udp) after NAPTR lookup ?
>
> I've try to set :
>
> dns_tls_pref=1
> dns_udp_pref=2
> dns_tcp_pref=3
>
> in the general section of kamailio.cfg, but I get a parse error.

these parameters were introduced in kamailio with version 3.0.

If you need TLS then it is recommended to use 3.0 anyhow, it is a far
better implementation. That will make the life easier to migrate to
upcoming 3.1 that will bring asynchronous TLS.

No matter what you have in R-URI, you can force TLS via setting outbound
proxy address to be a TLS uri:

$du = "sip:__ip_or_host__;transport=tls";
t_relay();

The IP or host you can take from R-URI without any problem via PV $rd.
Other option is to use function from tm - t_relay_to_tls():

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/tm.html#t_relay_to_udp

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/