[SR-Users] Can't build kamailio on fresh debian squeezy

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Jun 16 12:43:55 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 16 June 2010, Dmitri Korotkov wrote:
> After debian squeeze upgrade (as well as in new squeeze installation) it
> is impossible to build kamailio.
> All dep. packages  were installed and I successfully done this task before.
> Does anybody have same problem ? Is there any solution ?
>
> Part of the build log is shown below.
>
> devel-test:/usr/src/kamailio#make deb
> [..]
> -I/usr/include/libxml2 -DOPENSER_MOD_INTERFACE -DMOD_NAME='"purple"' -c
> clientpipe.c -o clientpipe.o -MMD -MP
> In file included from purple.h:23,
>                   from clientpipe.c:27:
> /usr/include/libpurple/status.h:93: error: expected
> specifier-qualifier-list before 'gpointer'

Hi Dmitri,

i think i also saw a recent breakage in squeeze building, that time related to
some missing package dependencies. But now it at least works for the default
package set again.

But in this case it seems more like a general incompatiblity for the purple
module to the new version of the development headers, or a bug in the purple
package. In lenny there is 2.4.3, in squeeze they updated to 2.7.1. On my
(ubuntu) system it works also, here 2.6.2 is present. Also possible that the
packages misses some dependencies, like libglib2.0-dev?

Cheers,

Henning