[SR-Users] Avoid resolving names by DNS

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Sep 1 19:01:01 CEST 2010

> kamailio >= 3.0 is based on ser's core which has implemented its own
> caching resolver library. I do not know if there is a way to disable
> it complete and use the system's stub resolver. You could try the
> "use_dns_cache" option:
> http://sip-router.org/wiki/cookbooks/core-cookbook/devel#dns_parameters

Yes, if you disable the dns cache it will use the system resolver.
It's also used during the initial startup phase, when the dns cache is
not yet fully initialized.

You could also leave the cache enabled and add/remove records by hand
(using sercmd or xmlrpc) using the dns rpcs (e.g. dns_add_a,
dns.add_srv, dns.delete_a a.s.o, for more info see
http://sip-router.org/docbook/sip-router/branch/master/rpc_list/rpc_list.html#dns.add_a
).

Andrei